1. ICDP Dead Sea deep drilling (Core 5017-1) project:
(1) Sedimentation response to tectonics, climate and anthropogenic impact in the Dead Sea drainage basin.
(2) Recovering the world’s longest earthquake record from the Dead Sea deep drilling core. [PI (ISF): Shmuel Marco]
[A 456.7 m-long composite core (ICDP Core 5017-1, ~220-0 ka) was drilled from a water depth of ~300 m in the Dead Sea depocenter.]
2. Sino–German western Qaidam Basin ( NE Tibetan Plateau ) deep drilling (Core SG-1b) project:
(1) Sedimentation response to glacial-interglacial climate changes. [PI (DFG): Oliver Friedrich]
(2) Identify Altyn Tagh fault activity (during ~7.3-1.6 Ma) through seismites and micro-faults.
[A 723 m-deep Core SG-1b (~7.3-1.6 Ma) was drilled at the top of Jianshan Anticline in the western Qaidam Basin, where 50 km far away the Altyn Tagh fault]