1. ICDP Dead Sea deep drilling project:
(1) Sedimentation response to tectonics, climate and anthropogenic impact in the Dead Sea drainage basin.
(2) Recovering the world’s longest earthquake record from the Dead Sea deep drilling core.
[A 456.7 m-long composite core (ICDP Core 5017-1, ~220-0 ka) was drilled from a water depth of ~300 m in the Dead Sea depocenter.]
2. Sino–German western Qaidam Basin, NE Tibetan Plateau deep drilling project (Core SG-1b):
(1) Sedimentation response to global cooling and basin tectonics.
(2) Identify Altyn Tagh fault acativity (during ~7.3-1.6 Ma) through soft-deformation (seismites).
[A 723 m-deep Core SG-1b (~7.3-1.6 Ma) was drilled at the top of the an Anticline in the western Qaidam Basin.]